Before you launch RPA Express, make sure to enable network connection on your machine. To use RPA Express, connection to the Internet is not needed. Though, some components require TCP communication, so the machine should have an IP address.
If your machine is not connected to any network, you can configure the Microsoft Loopback Adapter to simulate a network connection.
Bot Manager is stopped and cannot be started from the tray menu while your machine is not connected to the network either by Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
It is necessary to enable a Network interface.
It does not mean you should have access to Internet.
- Exit RPA Express.
- Install Microsoft Loopback Adapter as described on Microsoft TechNet web-site or follow the instruction below (for Windows 10):
- Open Properties from My Computer:
- Open Device Manager:
- Open Action and select Add legacy hardware:
- Click Next in Add Hardware Wizard:
- Choose Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and click Next:
- Select Network adapters in the hardware types and click Next:
- In the Select the device driver dialog choose:
- Manufacturer – Microsoft
- Model – Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter
and click Next:
- Click Next to install:
- Wait until the installation ends and click Finish to complete:
- Open Device Manager to make sure, that the Lookback Adapter is installed and enabled:
- Open Properties from My Computer:
- Wait until the connection is established.
- Open Command Prompt and use ipconfig to check the status of all network interfaces. Make sure, the Loopback Adapter has got the ip-addresses:
- Start RPA Express.
- Check Bot Manager status in the tray menu:
As soon as RPA Express has been installed, you will notice the tray icon with a welcome message. When you click the tray icon, the WorkFusion panel appears.
To start RPA Recorder, select WorkFusion Studio.
The icons under Components show statuses of the RPA Express components. Some actions could be disabled during the launch process, or on stopping some component. Click the Refresh button next to Components to view the current status of each component.
|All components disabled||Components starting||All components are enabled|
Using the RPA Express tray menu, you can also:
- Open Platform Monitor
- Open File Storage
- Go on RPA Express Quick Tour
- View online Help
- Send automatic Report
Having exited RPA Express, you can open it again. To do that, either use the Windows Search bar, or click the icon on your desktop.
When you start Recorder for the first time, the Workspace launcher box asks for a location to store the process data. There are several scenarios to follow.
- Either click OK to confirm the selected directory as your workspace.
- Or enter the name of a new workspace into the Workspace field and click OK to create.
- Or click Browser to set the path to a new workspace directory and click OK.
To use a specific workspace as the default and not to get asked again to select a workspace, check the Use this as the default and do not ask checkbox.
- Go to Window > Preferences > General > Startup and Shutdown > Workspaces.
- Check Prompt for workspace on startup and click OK.
The Welcome to WorkFusion Studio window appears as soon as you select the workspace.
If the Welcome to WorkFusion Studio window is empty, click the Home icon () in the top-right corner.
The Welcome to WorkFusion Studio window provides the following options.
Starting New Recording
Click New Recording to start recording a task.
Enter a name for your recording in the window that follows and click OK.
For more information on creating a recording, see How to Use RPA Recorder.
To open one of existing recordings, click Open.
Select a recording from the list of recordings created within your workspace and click OK.
Viewing How-To Video Tutorials
Watch RPA Recorder video tutorials to get familiar with the Recorder capabilities.
You can run examples (templates) to guide you through the RPA Recorder main features.
To see a sample in action, click on it. The Details link refers to some additional information about the template.
If you need help with Recorder or other RPA Express components, refer to the Need help? section and use the links to ask on the forum, explore knowledge base, or enroll to an online course in Automation Academy.