To make sure that migration has passed successfully and all your business processes and scripts work as expected, we strongly recommend to test migration procedure on your Test Environment before doing it on Production Environment.
Before updating RPA Express of version 1.4.0 or earlier, do as follows.
- Back up your business processes in Control Tower as described in this guide.
- Copy all projects from your workspace folder (by default C:\Users\%user_name%\workfusion-workspace) and save them somewhere on your PC or another available storage.
- Make screenshots of schedules for business processes which you don't want to miss, as there is no option to back up your schedules.
Now you're ready to update your RPA Express.
- Close RPA Express WorkFusion Studio, if opened.
- Download the latest RPA Express installation package here.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and find WorkFusion RPA Express in the list of your installed programs.
- Select to uninstall WorkFusion RPA Express.
Accept security prompts to continue with uninstalling.
The window above appears if the current Windows user does not have Administrator's privileges, and User Access Control (UAC) is set to notify the user when applications try to make changes to computer.
- As soon as the previous version is uninstalled:
- Make sure the RPA Express folder has been completely removed. Otherwise, delete it manually. To perform this, go to the installation directory (by default C:\RPAExpress\) and delete it.
- If you experience any problems when uninstalling RPA Express, refer to RPA Express Troubleshooting Guide.
- Go to the RPA Express installation package.
- Install RPA Express following the installation steps as described in the Installation Guide. Should any issues arise during installation, refer to the respective section of the RPA Express Troubleshooting Guide.
- Make sure that all components work as usual.
- Launch RPA Express and make sure WorkFusion Studio launches successfully.
- Enable server components on the Components tab and open them by clicking on the relevant links.
- If you face any issues with the components, please refer to RPA Express Troubleshooting Guide.
Restoring Backup and Checking Execution
After the installation is complete, you can restore all your backups.
Put all the project files you previously copied to the workspace folder. By default, it is C:\Users\%user_name%\workfusion-workspace.
Keep in mind that while opening a recording created with an older version of RPA Express, migration can fail sometimes. Refer to this troubleshooting to deal with the issue.
- Make sure that all your scripts are successfully executed in WorkFusion Studio. There are many changes between 1.x and 2.x versions. Thus, in some cases you may need to rewrite or correct your scripts. Refer to Release Notes for more details about new features and bug fixes.
Go to your Control Tower (it should be running), click Import package, and import the backed up packages one by one.
Check how your business processes are executed in Control Tower. Due to difference in versions, some processes may require changes. If you have their scripts in WorkFusion Studio, you can republish a new version from WorkFusion Studio and check how they run.
- After you correct all your scripts and business processes, configure your schedules according to the screenshots you previously made. Then, check execution by schedule.