Create secret entries
To set up secret entries, go to Window > Preferences > WorkFusion Studio > Secrets Vault. For more information, refer to Preferences.
The data stored in Secrets Vault is not shown in recordings, logs, system files, or bot configs. It allows sharing scripts with other users without exposing confidential data.
- The following combination is not saved:
- When importing the list of secret entries, (
\) symbol is not recognized.
Thus, do not use these characters in your secret entries.
Use secret entries in recordings
After creating a secret entry in Secrets Vault, you can use the Key and Value data in your recordings.
- In Recorder Variables, create a recorder variable of the Secret type.
- Select the required entry in the Default Value field. In the variables panel, the entries are represented as Alias – KEY and Alias – VALUE, no actual data is displayed.
- If currently there is no record you need in Secrets Vault, click Add Secret Entry at the bottom of the list. To learn more how to add a secret entry, see here.
The video below shows how to use secret entries in your recordings.