- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
When you meet a lot of people on some conference or another public activity, they give you their business cards, but you don't have a lot of time to look at and remember all of these people. Still, you can store cards in your pocket or wallet and after some time look at them and sort out needed contacts. Then, perhaps, you want to save all the contacts to your enterprise CRM system to make business with these people further.
Usually, you need to enter all of the contacts from all your cards into your system manually. It's not a big deal in case of a few cards, but if you have dozens of them everyday, it becomes a routine that takes time. Our sample provides approach showing how to automate this manual task.
Bot processes existing cards that are stored in the .png format according to predefined templates. After that, all the recognized contacts are collected in a .csv file to be uploaded to Salesforce. Unrecognized contacts which have not been associated with any of the existing templates are collected into another file for manual check. Bot uploads the recognized contacts using a specific Salesforce account with two-factor authentication.
Example Overview Video
See the video showing how our bot works.
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/331412598" width="500" height="280" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Installation and Getting Started
- Extract the sample folder and drop it into your default Workspace in WorkFusion Studio (C:\Users\name\workfusion-workspace\rpae_project).
- Open the sample in WorkFusion Studio.
- Go to Window > Preferences, expand WorkFusion Studio, and select the Secret Vault tab.
- Press the Add button and enter
salesforce_credas Alias. Enter the Salesforce username in the Key column, and the Salesforce password in Value.
- Press Apply and Close.
- Copy input files from the folder images to any appropriate folder and edit the following variables:
folder_path– the path to the input files with business cards images
- Click on the Play recording button.
In this example
Status colour Green title 3 reusable
- Login to Salesforce
- Verify Salesforce account
- Upload output file to Salesforce
Install to your PC:
- WorkFusion Studio (RPA Express)
- Chrome or Firefox
- MS Outlook (a version doesn't matter). The email account should be configured and logged in providing a bot with the option to send emails.
To play the sample, you need to have a Salesforce account that should be linked to your account in MS Outlook to receive a verification code via email.
Make sure that OCR is running before script execution.